I have been in practice as a licensed psychologist since 1984. My earlier experience included being a minister, a rehabilitation counselor, and a behavior specialist in a community mental health center. For 29 years in private practice I have found that I enjoy helping people develop their individual strengths to meet their needs. We work to build a collaborative relationship, using our mutual strengths to facilitate the meeting of their needs.
Personally, I am married with two sons, a daughter in law, and three granddaughters. My recreational interests include traveling with my wife, appreciating classical and blue grass music, collecting die-cast scale replicas of antique vehicles, and being a doting grandfather.
Individual, couple, and family therapy; psychological assessment; and working memory training with children (middle school), adolescents, and adults with issues such as:
- Anger Management
- Attention Problems – memory, distraction, impulsivity
- Grief/Personal Loss
- Life Stage Adjustment – Adolescence, young adult, mid-life, aging
- Relationship Problems – work, social, couple, & family
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Trauma Rehabilitation – physical & emotional
- B.A., Mercer University, 1963 – History, Psychology, Government
- B.D., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1966 – Theology
- M.Ed., University of Georgia, 1972 – Rehabilitation Counseling
- Ph.D., Georgia State University, 1981 – Counseling Psychology
Postgraduate training in Positive Psychology Coaching, 2003 – Martin E. P. Seligman, Ph.D., weekly virtual international class for six months.
- American Psychological Association
- Georgia Psychological Association
- Current Practice – Pathway Center, Norcross, GA – March 2005 – present
- Consulting Psychologist – Calhoun Counseling Center, Calhoun, GA – December 2003 – September 2009
- Solo Private Practice – Lilburn, GA, November 1996 – February 2005
- Group Private Practice – Family Therapy Associates, Tucker, GA, Lawrenceville, GA and Norcross, GA, April 1984 – October, 1996
- Gwinnett Mental Health Center, Lawrenceville, GA, September 1978 – September 1984.
- Psychology Internship, Georgia Mental Health Institute, Atlanta, GA, September 1977 – August 1978
- Rehabilitation Counselor, May 1968 – August 1975
- Church Pastor, July 1966 – April 1968